As the fairy lights twinkled in the darkened streets of Leith on a mid-December night, the Tartan Blanket Co. elves were busy preparing their workshop for a Colsie Night In.
Fueled by hot chocolate and candy canes, the team set off stringing up lights, assembling shelves, and delicately unwrapping samples from our Colsie Collection to proudly put on display.
This year, we wanted to host an event that put the colsie back in the December hustle and bustle. We took one look at the crowded High Street, felt the blistering cold Edinburgh winds, and decided that we were going to make festive shopping a little more… well… festive.
And so the Colsie Night In was born. To take the strain out of Christmas shopping and replace it with something more comfortable - more colsie.
We transformed our warehouse into a woolly wonderland for a shopping experience designed to give you the same warm feeling you get when snuggling up on Christmas Eve (and we sweetened it all with some great deals).
The Colsie Collection was out on display, with fingers delicately grazing over the ever-so-soft cashmere and lambswool. Visitors also got a peak at our Little TBCo. collection, with our brand new baby blankets (including our new wool pram blankets) neatly laid atop the tables and shelves.
With all our favourite carols playing and the prosecco flowing, the event felt less like a pop-up shop and more like a festive night in with our closest friends. Even a few puppies decided to pop in, chasing each other around our Christmas tree which was decorated with messages encouraging colsie moments.
We would like to send a warm thank you to all the lovely customers and friends who popped by our Colsie Night In and made it such a success. Whether you were able to attend our event or were simply there in spirit, thank you for supporting our small family-run business in 2017.
Have your own colsie night in
As the festive season wraps up and we look forward to a new year, we hope you take the simple message of colsie to heart with your own colsie night in.
We all lead busy lives, and time is a precious commodity - so spend more of it with the people you love, doing the things you love.
Here are some of our tips for having your own colsie night in at home:
- Heat up some milk on the hob and make yourself a tasty hot chocolate. Make it even sweeter by choosing a local chocolate company (we personally love The Pittenweem Chocolate Company, best served in a Colsie mug).
- Take the time to soak in a luxurious bath filled with bath salts, bath milk, or one of your favourite bath bombs.
- Curl up with a book that’s been on your ‘to read’ list for ages. Wear your comfiest PJs and unwind with each page.
- Make some paper crafts. Gather some pretty stationary, pens and scissors. Put the screens away, get lost in your creativity and let time pass you by.
- Create a colsie corner in your home. Fill a nook by the window with blankets, candles, comfy pillows, soft fairy lights - anything you need to feel warm and content.
- No time for a colsie night in? Try a candlelit breakfast - all you need are some candles, knee blankets, and the people you love.