Colder weather always seems to come hand-in-hand with chunky knit jumpers, cosy blanket scarves, and comfort food.
As it turns out, the TBCo. office is full of fantastic chefs! This autumn and winter, we're going to bring you some of our staff's favourite recipes for getting through the chillier months - starting with this delicious homemade soup recipe!
This soup is not only delicious, it is dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan!
What you need:
- Two large carrots
- One large sweet potato
- One medium onion
- Three garlic cloves
- One tbsp of olive oil
- 750ml of vegetable stock (more or less depending on desired thickness)
- Some ginger to taste (optional)
- Some cinnamon to taste (optional)
Step by step:
1. Start by chopping up your garlic and onion into small pieces and frying them up in a pot with your tablespoon of olive oil*
2. While you wait for your garlic and onion to fry, cut your carrot and sweet potato into thin slices
3. Once your garlic and onion are giving off a nice aroma, toss in your carrot and sweet potato before topping off with your vegetable stock
4. Cover the top of your pot and bring the ingredients to a gentle boil. Allow to simmer until the vegetables are soft (about 15 to 20 minutes)
5. Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 10 minutes
6. Blend the ingredients together using a hand mixer (or transfer the ingredients into a food processor)
7. Optional: We love adding some spices to give the soup a little extra warmth. Our favourites are ginger and cinnamon, but feel free to experiment with chilli powder, garlic powder, or coriander. You may also want to add some whole milk or creme fraiche for added thickness.
*If you're using a soup maker, just fry up your garlic and onion separately and pop them in with the rest of your ingredients! Make sure you chop your carrot and sweet potato into thin slices for best results when blending.
Have you tried our autumn carrot & sweet potato soup recipe? Let us know how it turned out, in the comments below!
Want content like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up to our newsletter for all the latest TBCo. content and news.