We asked, you answered!
It seems that a lot of you would like to develop a new skill, from instruments to knitting to gardening. Some of you want to get out and about by taking walks through nature or running through open parks with your dog, while others are happy to stay at home and relax with the mountain of books you've been meaning to read (see here!) or practising meditation and yoga.
- A water bottle! An essential when working from home or working out from home. Our office family all have a Chilly's or S'well bottle. Perfect for keeping cold drinks cold, and hot drinks hot, which in turn means less cup washing (rejoice!) and less cold tea (double rejoice!). Some other great ideas from our community include:
- Beeswax wraps
- Cloth coffee filters
- Bamboo paper towels and fabric napkins
- Reusable cotton pads
- Menstrual cups and modiibody underwear.
- As you might have read from Our Team page, we LOVE tea! So it was no question that we had to share this recipe that another tea enthusiast submitted: fresh ginger, fresh turmeric, lemon and honey for the immune system. We are fully on board with this one.
- Our very own Fi loves making her family recipe of leek & potato soup with a little nutmeg and dash of cream! Don't worry, we're working on getting the full recipe from her!
- Some of your favourites include:
- Anything by Deliciously Ella
- No-Knead Focaccia by Bon Appetit
- Cream of mushroom soup by BBC Good Food
- Porridge and Overnight Oats (enjoy them vegan too!)
- Crepes and pancakes
- Nutella, also known as "a spoon boom" (thank you @authenticallyrebecca)
Make Memories With the Kids
- How about creating an indoor obstacle course? Or, like Fergus our co-founder, an indoor Formula 1 race track for his girls to whizz around on their trikes. There's no end to his creativity and ingenuity.
- Another favourite answer shared by you is building a blanket fort! Yes, blanket forts are no longer just for Christmas! Check out this one Amelia created in her home last year to hibernate from the dreich Scottish weather.
- Baking, cooking or making bread
- Dancing around like crazy loons
- PE with Joe Wicks
- Arts & crafts (design your own blanket!)
- Mini big hotel
- Our Canadian gal pal Sabrina (@arcticsabrina) shares this, "Pictures of the moon! Mom and I do long distance, but we're always under the same moon." It really is the small things!
- Handmade cards
- Writing letters
- Sending voice notes through Whatsapp