At Christmas time, there’s no better feeling than the one that comes from enjoying a hot meal around a cosy, festive table with our loved ones.
But not everyone is lucky enough to enjoy such simple pleasures. There are over 34,000 homeless people in Scotland alone, many of whom won’t have a warm place to spend the night this Christmas.
Social Bite is an incredible Scottish social business that strives to ensure everyone has a hot meal and a warm bed, at Christmas and year-round. The business feeds about 150 homeless people every day, and donates 100% of its profits to initiatives that break the cycle of homelessness in meaningful, tangible ways. You can learn more about their amazing initiatives here.
We are so happy to have been able to support their wonderful cause this year through our ‘Share the Love’ Black Friday weekend campaign (which you can learn more about by clicking here).
We’re delighted to say that, with your help, we are making a £2,000 donation to Social Bite this festive period - the total amount raised from our Black Friday weekend sales with a company donation.
We want to thank our customers for helping us raise these funds for Social Bite and our homeless community. By choosing to shop with us, you chose to donate 5% of your sale to support initiatives like:
- A nationwide jobs program for the homeless
- New housing and accommodation models for the homeless, and supported accommodation opportunities for 1000+ people
- Addiction rehabilitation facilities
- Food provisions and other support for events for the homeless community
- Assisting Social Bite’s charity partner, Bethany, to raise funds for a bigger space so they don’t have to turn away any homeless people this winter
So, thank you. Thank you for caring. Thank you for sharing the love. Thank you for helping us make sure everyone can have a colsie Christmas.